For an unforgettable family holiday or fairytale wedding, book Château Du Chevalier, a magnificent 15th century castle in Brittany.
Beautifully located on a ridge overlooking a charming pastoral landscape, the estate comprises a stunning main château (sleeping up to 15 guests) and three annexe buildings dating back to the 19th century and fully restored in 2000 (which are able to sleep a further 20 guests).
The 54 acres of grounds with spectacular views include three ponds, a heated outdoor swimming pool and a charming chapel. Enjoy outdoor pursuits like fishing and hunting, schedule a wine tasting, play table football in the games room and explore the region’s historical sites.
The château’s dining room features an original fireplace, and the drawing rooms, lounges, library and bedrooms have wooden panelling and paintings from 18th century.
The Big Maison (8 guests) sits just 100m from the château and has direct access to the pool and the kitchen garden. The Little Maison (4 guests) enjoys a superb view over the old castle park and the chapel and is just 25m from the pool. With two and four welcoming bedrooms respectively, both houses are particularly recommended for couples or families.
All buildings have high ceilings, massive oak beams, original fireplaces, grand windows, inspiring country-style kitchens, extravagant drawing rooms and beautiful bathrooms creating a superb living environment.
Furthermore, they all have easy access to the swimming pool and their own outdoor seating areas where you can enjoy relaxing evenings with enchanting views overlooking the park and valley.
Drive to the village of Combourg (4km) to see an impressive castle and town centre. You’re also 30 km from Rennes’ cultural sites or Dinard’s beaches. History buffs will want to visit the D-day beaches (150km), and golfers can choose from 10 nearby courses, some just 15 minutes away.
Château Duval is 45 km from the Saint Malo port.
Not only is Brittany wonderful in the summer, it is also a great destination in spring when flowers are in full bloom. Likewise, autumn is the perfect season to gather around the fireplace and spend cosy afternoons in, not to mention December, which will take your breath away as the characteristic French morning mist settles like a lake in the valley, creating a spectacular scenery.
1) Château + Annexes (Big Maison + Little Maison + Cottage): max 35 guests
2) Château Only: max 15 guests
Château Interior (500m2) – 15 guests
– Dining room with a stunning 15th century fireplace and grand oak table seating up to 22
– 18th century drawing-room and library with precious exhibit paintings and antique furniture
– Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine
– Games room with table football table
– 7 large bedrooms, all with their own particular French style
Big Maison Interior (140m2) – 8 guests
– Large kitchen with dishwasher
– Living room with glass sliding-doors overlooking the park
– Three bedrooms
– Three bathrooms
Little Maison Interior (60m2) – 4 guests
– Living room
– Kitchen with dishwasher
– Two bedrooms
– Shared shower room
Cottage Interior (140m2) – 8 guests
– Open plan plan living/dining area and kitchen (the rooms are divided by oak pillars and a large fireplace
– Three double bedrooms
– Bathroom with double showers
– Separate toilet
– Hallway with balcony overlooking the living room and dining room below
Outside Grounds (54 acres)
– Park area
– Heated pool (12m x 5m), open from 1st May to 30th September from 8am to 9pm
– Outdoor furniture
– Three ponds
The estate and swimming pool are only for exclusive use when both the château and annexes are booked (35-person rate)