Villa Saint-Véran is an old aristocratic villa, which was once an olive farm, before being converted into a residential villa in the 18th century. After being in the family for the past 100 years, it has been brought back to life in a recent refurbishment, which lasted two years, giving it back its original character and elegance, whilst providing modern comforts.
This impressive villa sits in a private and quiet area on a hilltop, on the edge of a village with its medieval castle, and offers panoramic views of the Saint-Véran Forest, the Alps and the sea.
Within walking distance is old Villeneuve-Loubet, a charming and typical Provencal village between Monaco and Nice, overlooking the hills of Saint-Paul-de-Vence and Grasse, and boasting nearly 4 km of coastline. Guests can stroll down for morning coffee and bread or a meal in one of the restaurants. A little further is seaside Villeneuve-Loubet, with its lively centre and beach. Villa Saint-Véran is surrounded by two hectares of lush Mediterranean parkland and landscaped gardens, featuring numerous terraces, centennial olive trees and cypresses, eucalyptus, palm trees and oleanders leading up to a woodland. Indoors high ceilings, French doors, fireplaces and terracotta floors sit alongside state-of-the-art air-conditioning and fully renovated bathrooms and kitchen.
The Côte d’Azur in its all its glory is on the doorstep; 15 minutes from Nice Airport, 30 minutes from the sea, 5 minutes from Saint-Paul-de-Vence and Cannes, Monaco and Grasse all under half an hour away
Points to note:* There is air conditioning in the bedrooms and living-dining room* The village with its bakery, butcher, grocery store, bar and restaurants is a 15 minute walk downhill, so naturally it’s uphill on the return!* The beach and seaside town are only a 15 minute drive away or a 30 minute walk downhill from the villa, so again uphill on the return.
- Large entrance
- Newly refurbished, fully equipped and functional kitchen (2 dishwashers, large American fridge, gas hob, microwave, oven, dining area, Nespresso machine, toaster)
- Large open plan living and dining room with high ceilings, decorative fireplace, 5 large windows and French doors opening onto a lovely balcony offering a view on the park, the woods and the sea in the distance, 3.5m dining table seating up to 14 people.
- Bedroom 1 with 2 single beds or one 1.6m king-size bed with its own old-fashioned bathroom with WC and a cast iron bath tub.
- Bedroom 2 with 1.6m king-size four-poster bed, TV, en-suite bathroom with WC, Italian shower and a stunning view on the garden from the bath tub. The room is very bright, spacious and has French doors opening onto a small private terrace with view on the park
- Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds or one 1.8m super king-size bed, TV, en-suite bathroom with WC and Italian shower
- Bedroom 4 with 1.6m king-size bed, TV en-suite bathroom with WC, double sink and Italian shower. The room has French doors opening directly on the North-West terrace.
- Separate WC
- Laundry room with washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board
First Floor (ideal for a family seeking privacy)
- Bedroom 5 with a bunk bed for kids
- Bedroom 6 with a 1.6m 4 poster-bed, TV, en-suite old fashioned bathroom with standalone cast iron bath tub and WC. The room has French doors leading out to a fantastic private rooftop terrace with a view on the sea and the distant Alps mountains
Lower Ground Floor
- Bedroom 7 with 2 single beds (or 1.8m double bed), TV, en-suite bathroom with shower and WC
- Private swimming pool (shape: rectangular/size: 13x6m/depth: 2.21m) with alarm system
- Pool house with large fridge and dining terrace
- Poolside terrace
- Outdoor living room
- Outdoor dining area
- Covered terrace
- Off road parking