With views over the Bay of Lagos down to the beach of Praia da Rocha this is a traditional Portuguese manor house with 9 bedrooms perched on the cliffs of Ferragudo. Owned by the Portuguese Royal Family the property has been recently modernised with the addition of modern TV systems and WIFI internet (on request) but maintains a rich sense of history with its traditional features and furnishings. The house makes the most of the idyllic setting with large outdoor areas, extensive terraces, and a private pool all overlooking the sea.
This very spacious accommodation over 3 floors has retained it’s rustic charm yet is modernised to today’s standards. The resident housekeeper and gardener are very discreet and will assist you during your stay, maintaining the house during weekdays. They will prepare simple meals if required for a small additional fee.
The imposing property comprises:
- Entrance hall where there is a cloakroom with double doors leading to the private chapel
- Drawing room overlooks the terrace with sea view and grand piano. Various seating arrangements in this large room to comfortably fit all guests
- Formal dining room: seating for 8 at the main table, and two round tables for a further 8-10
- Music room with CD player and further comfortable seating
- Breakfast room
- Kitchen: recently modernised and fully equipped
- Bedrooms 1 and 2: double bedrooms with restored antique furniture (as all bedrooms) en-suite shower and bathrooms. Doors leading out to the terrace and sea view
- Bedroom 3: twin room, with en-suite shower and bath room. Sea view and doors to the terrace
- Bedroom 4: twin beds, garden view, doors to the rear terrace and river view
Lower ground floor
- Television room with Satellite cable channels and DVD player. There is a bar and cloakroom on this level also.
- Bedroom 5: a triple bedroom for children (narrow beds) with bathroom en-suite and its own sitting area. Doors leading out from the sitting area onto the pool terrace
- Bedroom 6: twin bedroom with en-suite bath/shower room and view of the garden
- Bedroom 7: double bedroom with en-suite bath/shower room. Sofa bed (suitable for young children)
- Bedroom 8: twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom and sitting room, leading to;
- Bedroom 9: twin bedroom with sea view and doors onto the terrace
The terrace has a retractable awning for outdoor dining with a table to cater for up to 16 people. The charcoal barbecue is also on the terrace.
Taking the steps down to the lower part of the garden is the swimming pool which can be solar heated (additional fee). It is 12.5m long x 5m wide and has built in steps at the shallow end. Sun loungers and parasols surround the paved and grassy poolside area.
A table tennis table is located in the garage area
A lift to all floors is installed
There are washing machines and an ironing room if required