Overlooking the Amalfi Coast and sea from its picturesque hillside position is the restored fortified building – and now impressive holiday home – Villa Raffone. It has been gazing out over the dramatic green landscapes and azure waters since 1500. Today, Villa Raffone offers complete tranquility and easy access to nearby coastal destinations such as Conca dei Marini and Amalfi.
It’s easy to get an idea of what could be seen from the watchtower all those centuries ago. The soaring rooftop terrace with outdoor canopy bed provides some truly breathtaking views. And it’s just one of the many beautiful areas that make up Villa Raffone’s extensive outside space.
The villa’s Baroque-style interior covers two floors, with each of the four bedrooms showcasing antique charm and sumptuous elegance. They all have an en-suite bathroom, with one boasting the additional luxury of a freestanding bath tub with sea views. The family bedroom on the ground floor is ideal for those with younger children, as it has both twin beds as well as a double. It’s a particularly lovely room, with doors opening straight onto its own terrace.
Walking around Villa Raffone is like going back in time, with beautiful features such as arched ceilings, terracotta tile floors and exposed stone walls. The overall look is that of laid-back opulence, which is especially felt in the living room. Cosy sofas and rugs make it a comfortable place you’ll look forward to relaxing in at the end of the day.
The main terrace with views over the water is another area you’ll be spending plenty of time in. Unwind with a drink as afternoons turn into balmy evenings, then enjoy an al-fresco dinner with the scent of lemon trees hanging in the air.
Elsewhere in the rambling Mediterranean gardens are spaces designed for your rest and relaxation. Whether that’s on a lounger, sofa, hammock or stylish canopy bed. The most idyllic spot of all is the infinity pool, which also offers some of the very best views.
A short drive along the winding coastal roads that surround the villa will bring you to the town of Conca dei Marini. It has a traditional fishing village look and feel, with a quiet beach to unwind, swim and snorkel.
And just a 20-minute drive down the coast is elegant Amalfi. Stroll along the promenade by the marina, all whilst taking in sweeping views over the sea. You can also catch a ferry or hydrofoil over to the island of Capri to marvel at the spectacular Blue Grotto sea cave.
– Family bedroom with four single beds/two king size beds, smart TV, safe, mini bar, doors to terrace, en-suite bathroom with shower
– Living room with sofa, armchairs, decorative fireplace, flat screen TV
– Dining room with table for eight people, sofa, TV, doors to terrace
– Kitchen with hob, oven, kettle dishwasher, fridge, freezer, doors to terrace with table and chairs
– Bedroom with king-size bed, smart TV, safe, mini bar, doors to private terrace, en-suite bathroom with bath tub
– Bedroom with king-size bed, smart TV, safe, mini bar, en-suite bathroom with shower – Bedroom with twin beds, smart TV, safe, mini bar, en-suite bathroom with shower
– Infinity pool with whirlpool area (heated on request)
– Terrace with several dining tables and outdoor seating
– Rooftop terrace with outdoor canopy bed
– Outdoor kitchen with barbecue
– Terraced gardens with trees, plants, olive groves, vegetable garden
– Day bed, sun loungers, umbrellas and hammocks
– Air conditioning in all bedrooms
– Washing machine and dryer
– Hair dryers
– DVD player