Offering peace, seclusion and stunning views in an idyllic setting on Lake Maggiore in the Lombardy region is charming Villa Meraviglia. With just a few other neighbours sharing the shoreline here, the atmosphere is truly tranquil. And yet a small town full of amenities is just a 15-minute walk away.
The lake and mountain views from Villa Meraviglia’s lush gardens are the perfect backdrop to any outdoor occasion. Whether that’s enjoying pre-dinner drinks, meal or simply a dip in the swimming pool. You can reach the water and small pebble beach from the bottom of the terraced gardens and be lake swimming in no time at all.
Villa Meraviglia impresses with its space and unique personality over various levels. It offers comfortable accommodation for up to eight people in four characterful bedrooms; making it ideal for a special family holiday. One of the great highlights is the master suite on the garden level with its sumptuous round bed, jacuzzi tub with lake views and sliding doors leading out to the swimming pool with yet more incredible vistas.
Also indulgent is the choice of indoor and outdoor living spaces in which to relax, unwind and dine. Perhaps your favourite area will be the sociable living/dining room with wood-beamed ceilings and a cosy upstairs nook for post-dinner drinks around the open fireplace. Or the dining terrace for al fresco meals with lake views and the perfume of the Italian gardens hanging in the air on balmy evenings.
As well as swimming in the nearby lake, enjoy scenic walks and bike rides close to the shore as well as sailing and kayaking nearby. Other activities on dry land in this beautiful part of Lake Maggiore include hiking, horse riding, motocross and golf. All are available nearby and provide fun ways of taking in the picturesque scenery.
The nearest small town is only 15 minutes away on foot, with plenty more lakeside spots within a short drive. These include Angera, which is home to the majestic 15th-century hilltop castle, Rocca di Angera and Laveno with its cable car up the mountain.
Villa Interiors (525m2)
Main Upper Floor (split-level)
– Living room with air-conditioning and lake views
– Dining area
– Kitchen, well-equipped including dishwasher, oven, microwave, toaster, American and espresso coffee machine
– Bedroom with air-conditioning and double bed (180x200cm)
– Bedroom with air-conditioning and double bed (160x200cm)
– Shower room
– 2 x bathrooms with bath
On this floor there is also a small single bedroom which is usually closed but can be made available on request, subject to a supplement
Lower Garden Level
– Master suite (63m2) with air-conditioning, round double bed (210x180cm), fireplace, TV, chromotherapy shower and indoor hot tub with hydro-massage function and lake views. Sliding doors lead to pool terrace
– Bedroom with air-conditioning, twin/double beds (90x200cm each) with shower room and sauna
Outside Grounds (1450m2)
– Heated swimming pool (10x5m) with counter current feature, open approximately May to end September
– Outdoor shower
– Al-fresco dining area
– Barbecue and wood oven
– Al-fresco lounge terrace with sun beds
– Garden with terraced levels and steps
– Lakeshore access (via steps)
– Air-conditioning (four bedrooms and living area)
– Jacuzzi hot tub
– Fitness room
– Washing Machine