A charming little bergerie 400 years old situated in attractive countryside in the Var, near the picturesque town of Fayence. Large pool lovely views over the surrounding olive groves.
The interior is furnished in simple Provençal style, but with lots of charm and character and is well maintained. Being an old property, it has thick walls and is cool in summer; a fireplace with wood-burning stove to keep it cosy in the winter. Wi-Fi.
Situated about half way between Fayence and Seillans. Local shops such as supermarket and boulangerie are within 2km, and a few mins’ walk (300m) from a very good restaurant, called Le Castelleras. Many ancient and picturesque villages of the Var to explore: Montauroux has a colourful local market on the village square; Callian has a castle, a couple of restaurants and interesting local shops; Fayence has many artists, painters and potters. Saint Cassien Lake, great for windsurfing and bathing, is about 8km. The area is ideal for walkers with many marked paths in the area. Other nearby activities include golf at the world class Terre Blanche course, 10km, tennis and horse riding. The property is about 30km from the coast, either Fréjus or Cannes. Nice airport is 60km, about 50 mins’ drive.
- A small living room which has a sofa (can be used to accommodate a child if required), a fireplace with wood burning stove, television (satellite channels) DVD and CD
- Kitchen equipped with 5-ring hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer and electric kettle. Washing machine
- Bathroom with bath, shower over the bath, and WC
- Double (160cm) bedroom
- Although in the enclosed grounds of the owner’s property, the bergerie has its own private garden and it is not overlooked
- Garden furniture and BBQ for outdoor dining
- Loungers for relaxing by the beautiful swimming pool
- The large fenced pool (11 x 4m) is shared with the owner, has a wide terrace with lovely views over the surrounding olive groves
- Parking space within the property